Sunday 10 March 2013

Merci.


This week I had the utter delight of having my dearest darling mother to stay with me. That's right, Mummy Smith made the journey across the channel to slum it with me in my student digs as well as taking in an abundance of sights, shops and sweet treats.


First on our itinerary was the much talked about Merci. An truly divine concept store, including a gorgeous cafe lined with rustic bookshelves, rails of bang- on-trend clothes, more enamel kitchen ware than a campsite and a whole bundle more. Obviously CS and I were in our element. Everything was so cleverly displayed, in glass cabinets, hanging from the ceiling and simply just placed (or so we're lead to believe).

 CS looking dapper. 




 Absolutely delectable smells wafting from bottles. 


Liberty-esque print suit cases. 




After much gazing and deciding purchasing anything would be slightly unjustifiable, especially a roll of floor board print wallpaper (as shown above), CS and I headed to the realms of Opéra to get lost in Galeries La Fayette followed by a browse and lunch in Printemps.

As the sun was trying its hardest to make a dent in the clouds we decided to walk to St. Germain and headed to yet another department store in the form of Bon Marché (my personal fave). After more wanderings and getting ever so slightly lost in the maze that is St. Germain we finally ended up at Rue Berci, an un-evenly cobbled street crammed with chairs and tables from the various bistros and brasseries. Coincidentally it's the same street where my parents and I had lunch just before I frist started out in Paris. Déja-vu as they say.

I'd like to dedicate this post to Mummy Smith as it just so happens to be Mother's day! I really did have the best time during her short but sweet visit. The standard of my Mother's company is just unbeatable, conversation is always flowing, laughter is frequent and the cuddles are second to none. I'll be thinking of CS a whole load today and I wish all Mother's everywhere a very enjoyable day!


P.S CS. This one's for you. Merci.


No comments:

Post a Comment