Saturday 18 May 2013

Bubbles in my tea.

This post doesn't really serve a great deal of purpose however I just want to draw your attention to the joy that is bubble tea.


I would go as far as saying I'm a bit of a bubble tea nerd, (if I could make a word-cocktail for that I so would but it's pushing my capabilities.) My darling mother even put some chubby straws and tapioca balls in my stocking so that I could make bubble tea at home!

Bubble tea or Bobas originate from Taiwan and first came to people's attention in the1980's. There's are an endless menu of flavours including mango, strawberry, green apple, mocha, green tea, rose, almond, ginger and the list goes on. There are two types, one made with milk and the other without which tend to have the fruiter flavours. The most exciting part of the bubble tea concept are the bubbles themselves. Made from Tapioca which is a starch extract taken from cassava (some woody shrub found in South America would you believe?) the chewy bubbles add texture and you can even get them in different colours. Just imagine rainbow coloured bubbles in your gorgeously sweet tea floating around having a merry little time. Magic.


These photos were taken on the steps of Opéra in the hometown that is Paris. BT and I spent our last evening together as blogger pals splurging on katsu curry, miso ramen and of course bubble teas. I couldn't have asked for a nicer time even if I tried. Thank you BT, this one's for you!

P.s Check out this place if you're in London anytime soon to get a crazy tea experience. You'll have a right bubble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment